The relay will be travelling south on Highway 35 from Minden and is expected to reach Lindsay at approximately 12:55 pm. Loblaws is a corporate sponsor for the torch run so there will be a 5 min stop at this location. At 1:02 pm the relay will leave Loblaws and will take the following route:
- South on St. Joseph’s to Kent Street
- East on Kent Street to Albert Street
- North on Albert Street to Francis Street
- East on Francis Street to Victoria Avenue North
- South on Victoria Avenue to Victoria Park
- The relay will stop at Victoria Park from 1:30 – 2:30 pm for a special event in the park
- Then South on Victoria Avenue to Kent Street
- East on Kent Street to Lindsay Street
- South on Lindsay Street to Memorial Park arriving at 2:50 pm – There will also be no further torch runners past Memorial Park.
During the route we will assist with a rolling traffic escort, we expect the relay to be approximately 100 meters long, so traffic disruption will be minimal.
On Friday May 29th, 2015 our Sergeant Tom Hickey was joined by Leslie (Haliburton, Kawartha Pineridge District Health Unit), Beth (City of Kawartha Lakes Family Health Team), Ashley & Alex (Loblaws Pharmacy) and a member of the Kawartha Lakes Ontario Provincial Police, for the annual Prescription Drug Drop Off at Paramedics in the Park.
The drop off was a huge success with a tremendous response from the community. We filled 1 & 1/4 – 5 gallon pales with prescription drugs that were turned in for destruction. That is without the packaging! Of note, we were very pleased to have quantities of a number of narcotics turned in including:
These are narcotics that have been taken out of circulation and will never fall into the wrong hands.
It is also important to note that you don’t have to wait for prescription drug drop day to drop those drugs off; you can take them any pharmacy, any time and they will be happy to dispose of them for you.
Thanks to all who participated and we look forward to next year!