The relay will be travelling south on Highway 35 from Minden and is expected to reach Lindsay at approximately 12:55 pm. Loblaws is a corporate sponsor for the torch run so there will be a 5 min stop at this location. At 1:02 pm the relay will leave Loblaws and will take the following route:
- South on St. Joseph’s to Kent Street
- East on Kent Street to Albert Street
- North on Albert Street to Francis Street
- East on Francis Street to Victoria Avenue North
- South on Victoria Avenue to Victoria Park
- The relay will stop at Victoria Park from 1:30 – 2:30 pm for a special event in the park
- Then South on Victoria Avenue to Kent Street
- East on Kent Street to Lindsay Street
- South on Lindsay Street to Memorial Park arriving at 2:50 pm – There will also be no further torch runners past Memorial Park.
During the route we will assist with a rolling traffic escort, we expect the relay to be approximately 100 meters long, so traffic disruption will be minimal.